Return to the Forum Board Return to the Forum Board Show your Support for Morgan Webb

Watch X-Play on G4TechTV!

Home Page IHMW Forum Online Games Console Games Downloads & Misc. Members Only

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What Mp3 Player Should I Get?
Holy Dragon
Posted: Dec 10 2004, 09:16 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Group: Members
Member No.: 21

I was thinking about getting an mp3 player but the only one that i have liked is the iPod does anyone have any suggestions?
PMEmail PosterAOL
highway
Posted: Dec 16 2004, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

Administrator & LIFETIME Supporter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Holy Dragon @ Dec 10 2004, 09:16 PM)
I was thinking about getting an mp3 player but the only one that i have liked is the iPod does anyone have any suggestions?

You can try the new Sony Walkman, but I've heard some stories about how the interface is clunky, hard to navigate. But the recording is at a higher quality than your standard MP3s, it uses ATRAC3 format. There were talks about adding "MP3" as a possible media for the unit.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOLYahooMSN
Patsai
Posted: Dec 18 2004, 02:43 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 89

IPod is still the way to go, the only MP3 that might closely work with it may be Dell's Jukebox, but that's not saying much. Stick with an IPod. They're expensive, but for the quality and quantity it provides, it's well worth the dough.
PMEmail Poster
onepairofpant
Posted: Dec 18 2004, 07:55 AM
Quote Post

Frequent Member

Member No.: 8

iPODS? have you heard about the conspiracy? they're making money on batteries, since they die out after 1 year, even if you call them about a replacement they'll charge you full price to replace the battery and they TELL YOU TO GO OUT AND BUY ANOTHER IPOD!

conspiracy anyone?

get a creative mp3 player or something along those lines
PMEmail PosterAOL
Patsai
Posted: Dec 18 2004, 10:16 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 89

QUOTE (onepairofpant @ Dec 18 2004, 07:55 AM)
iPODS? have you heard about the conspiracy? they're making money on batteries, since they die out after 1 year, even if you call them about a replacement they'll charge you full price to replace the battery and they TELL YOU TO GO OUT AND BUY ANOTHER IPOD!

conspiracy anyone?

And where did you say you've heard this from?
PMEmail Poster
onepairofpant
Posted: Dec 18 2004, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

Frequent Member

Member No.: 8

PMEmail PosterAOL
highway
Posted: Dec 31 2004, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

Administrator & LIFETIME Supporter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (onepairofpant @ Dec 18 2004, 04:20 PM)
http://ipodsdirtysecret.com/index.html

While I myself am now an iPod owner -- I hope not to find myself down this avenue in 18 months... but just in case, here's some more information:

iPod Battery FAQ

Q: I heard that the iPod's battery only lasts 18 months, and then you have to buy a new iPod! Is that true?

A1: NO! The vast, vast majority of even the earliest iPods, now over two years old, continue to function just fine. Some iPods, however, have had issues with batteries. Lithium ion batteries are only good for 300 to 500 charge/discharge cycles (more). For this reason, certain customers' usage patterns may cause the batteries to degrade, or fail, sooner than others.

A2: If the battery does fail, and the iPod is no longer under its original one year warranty or $59 AppleCare Protection Plan for iPod, or any of numerous third party service plans, you don't have to buy a new iPod. You may replace the battery yourself for as little as $30, or have Apple perform the replacement for $99.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOLYahooMSN
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll