Return to the Forum Board Return to the Forum Board Show your Support for Morgan Webb

Watch X-Play on G4TechTV!

Home Page IHMW Forum Online Games Console Games Downloads & Misc. Members Only

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> G4 Media Puts Restraints Of Tss Message Boards
highway
Posted: Nov 29 2004, 02:59 AM
Quote Post

Administrator & LIFETIME Supporter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

This is on the TSS message boards:

After the decision to make some major changes to The ScreenSavers and place it on hiatus from Nov 12-28 while contracts were renegotiated and new personel lined up etc. was implemented; it was decided by the board administrators that it would be okay to allow free venting of rage and opinions on the matter for the duration of time when no employees would be using the board. That time has come to an end.

Effectively immeadiately all rules and regulations you agreed to when you signed up will be strictly enforced. This will include requirements that you conduct yourself in a polite mature manner when posting on this board.

This board is the private property of G4TechTV. You agreed to behave and follow the rules they outlined when you signed up along with any additional ones they decide are necessary to implement to keep this a polite community which is user friendly to staff and employees as well as other users.

This is not open to debate, you do not have the right to come onto private property and ignore the requests of the property owner. You do not have the right to insult and demean the property owners employees and staff at the owners expense or on this private property. You do not have the right to continuously complain and rant
about the decisions that the owner has made in regards to their private property on this property (this board).

Rules and conduct will be enforced as needed to keep this board clean.

Any posts with complaints in them or a rant attitude will be edited, locked, or deleted.

Do not reopen a locked topic unless given permission by a moderator.

Do not post any "Why was this thread locked" threads. If you have a question private message the original poster. The original poster may private message a moderator if they need explanation as to the reason for the edit, lock, or delete.  These private message discussions should remain private. Do not post them on the board in an attempt to intimidate moderators or as a protest or to attempt to gain support. This is just as bad as trying to make it a public issue in the first place.  Often the moderator will give you a private explanation which is not intended for everyone to see, just to make things clear to you. We have been through this tactic before and it is not going to be tolerated any longer.

This also applies to sigs and avatars. Those which openly insult the owners, employees,; are offensive, or designed as a protest/complaint will be removed and are not allowed to be returned.

Returning a removed sig is grounds for banning.

To clarify what this means; We'll be actively deleting messages and locking threads as well as warning for, and suspending people who can't learn how NOT to pointlessly complain about things.

PERSONS REPEATEDLY POSTING COMPLAINTS ON THIS BOARD WILL BE SUSPENDED OR BANNED.

Initially you may be warned that your post is inappropriate, but you are not entitled to this warning, you may be banned for making these rants and complaints if you have a history of doing so or appear to have signed up just for the express purpose of posting a complaint.

You have a choice here, be constructive and help improve things or leave. If you are just here to waste bandwidth with complaints about the show, and hosts and how much you dislike things, then please leave now. You can be polite and follow the rules or you can leave.

So, if you do not want to be here, and do not like the show , do not waste our time and bandwidth. Go somewhere else where you are happy.

All I can say is that if you wish to rant and rave, you can do so here, but let's leave out the profanity and cursing. I don't like what they've done to TSS myself and I'm hoping that some of the past format will return to the new "season".
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOLYahooMSN
<(^_^)> Kirby
Posted: Nov 29 2004, 03:20 AM
Quote Post

Frequent Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

i agree totally with what you said i was watching a rerun today it was my favourtie episode to date
PMEmail PosterMSN
Hubris
Posted: Nov 29 2004, 10:12 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 112

Unfortunately...the more steps they take to distance G4 and the show from the 'ways of old', the less likely they have any intention to returning to those ways. While there will still be some of the old content and perhaps a little of the old spirit, the purpose of the program has changed. No longer is TSS a tech show to educate and entertain, it's now a show designed to further the network's goals....namely to entertain and push gaming...making advertising more lucrative for G4.

The best chance at another quality tech show, is if something is created on another network.

I'm somewhat surprised that G4 let the complaints last as long as they have...although they have to realize a lot of people will be made even more upset by having their dissenting voices silenced.
PMEmail Poster
Tim the Slipperman
  Posted: Nov 29 2004, 03:26 PM
Quote Post

Frequent Member

Member No.: 2

Word is that Kevin Pereira will be the new co-host of TSS...as if he doesn't already host enough shows on the network (Pulse, Arena...)

Another gripe I have about Kevin Pereira is that he picks on Adam Sessler all the time on "Pulse". Do they really have a problem with each-other, or is all of K. Pereira's Sessler-bashing in jest?

Ideally for the new co-host they should've brought back Leo Laporte or Cat Schwartz, if you ask me.

And why'd they have to can Yoshi? He was an integral part of TSS all this time, too... :(

Tim (aka the Slipperman)
PM
highway
Posted: Nov 29 2004, 03:36 PM
Quote Post

Administrator & LIFETIME Supporter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Tim the Slipperman @ Nov 29 2004, 03:26 PM)
Word is that Kevin Pereira will be the new co-host of TSS...as if he doesn't already host enough shows on the network (Pulse, Arena...)

Another gripe I have about Kevin Pereira is that he picks on Adam Sessler all the time on "Pulse". Do they really have a problem with each-other, or is all of K. Pereira's Sessler-bashing in jest?

Ideally for the new co-host they should've brought back Leo Laporte or Cat Schwartz, if you ask me.

And why'd they have to can Yoshi? He was an integral part of TSS all this time, too... :(

Tim (aka the Slipperman)

If it was a choice between Leo or Cat, I would have to choose Leo ... only because I feel he has a better grasp and understanding on how to explain all things technology in very simple terms. It most likely his years of experience talking on the radio in his previous years, but he explains it with a very calming and sometimes humorous tone.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOLYahooMSN
Webb-head
Posted: Dec 8 2004, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 7

i would choose partrick
PMEmail PosterICQYahoo
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll